Health Tip: Insect Sting First Aid
(HealthDay News) — For most insect stings, a person can be treated at home, says MedlinePlus. For non-severe reactions, first aid is as follows:
- Do not use tweezers. Scrape a straight-edged object across the stinger for removal.
- Wash the site with soap and water.
- Apply ice on the site for 10 minutes.
- Take an antihistamine, or apply cream.
- Watch for signs of infection or severe allergic reaction.
If a person shows signs of a severe allergic reaction — including trouble breathing, coughing, wheezing, uncontrolled sneezing, congestion or tightness in the lungs — seek immediate medical attention.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Source: Medicinenet.com (Feeds API) – Health News