Health Tip: Before You Run a Marathon
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) — Before you accept the challenge of running a marathon, it’s important to make sure you and your body are prepared, says Rush University Medical Center.
The school provides eight marathon training tips for the prospective runner:
- Get a checkup. Ask your doctor if your heart can handle the stress of a marathon.
- Create a marathon training plan at least four months before the race.
- Pace yourself. Figure out how far and fast you should run.
- Find shoes that fit your feet, gait and body type.
- Take a break. If you’re feeling achy or worn out, take the day off.
- Make sure you drink extra fluids throughout your training.
- Join a running group to stay motivated and learn practical advice.
- Learn how to distinguish minor strains from serious injuries.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Source: Medicinenet.com (Feeds API) – Daily Exercise